Friday, August 07, 2015

Dad....

Northmet FC 1948/1949....
 
Dad is seated, first left.....
 
 
and 4th from the left....
 
 
and 3rd from the left.....
 
 
and standing 4th from the left....
 
 
 
Chester Bruce Alder (above in Darjeeling 1945).
 
 
 
 
.... and when he was Senior Engineer for the Eastern Electricity Board (dad was a Chartered Electrical Engineer)
 

 

 
1943 (below)....
 
  
 
  
 
circa 1932 (below)....
 
 
Dad with his two sisters Melvina Beryl (left) and Barbara Valerie Pearl (right)
 
 
Dad's dear sisters.....
 
 
 
 
and with his mother-in-law (Eileen May Beatrice Edmeades nee Salmon)....
 
 
Dad (right) with his friend Alan Elcoat in Burma 1945 (Alan in later life became a Canon in the Church of England in Berwick upon Tweed)...
 
 
For the rest of my father' photos taken in Burma during his service in WW II please see this page on my main blog....
 
 
"outside the Metropole, Len, Alan and me April 1945"....
 
 
Tibetan Monastery..... 
 
 Dad and Alan Elcoat...
and again...
 
"The old man and me April 1945" (dad's on the left below).....
 
 
 
.... dad's favourite football team was Arsenal, but this looks far removed from The Emirates Stadium....
 
 
 
And me, Dad and my sister ... (I'm the smallest!)....
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home